Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tacky eighties / cool seventies typeface

I've been working on this typeface for the last little while. It’s not really my kind of thing: too geometric. I can’t decide whether I like it or not. Sometimes it feels like something from the 1980s, an adolescent science fiction techno-utopia kind of face, which I really don't like:

At other times, I like its 1970s Dutch modernist Wim-Crouwelish graphic design modularity:

Anyway, just about any typeface will work somewhere, with some copy, and even if I can't see any use for this one, I will probably keep working on it....

1 comment:

  1. I saw you on TV. Good job! *Irrelevant comment*

    also, just to make it relevant, I shall give my ex-designer-two-cents... those little white spaces make me want to punch a wall, ha ha ha. Ha. But the bold version is nice. *two cents spent*

    ReplyDelete